The U of M St. Anthony Falls Laboratory conducted the first phase of research about boat wake and propeller wash produced by recreational watercraft. Phase I started Fall of 2020 and the report and information is available.
- Study Facts
- Research Brief
- Final Report (February 2022)
- Final Report Presentation by U of M (February 2022 Video Recorded by Wisconsin Lakes)
- MINNPOST article regarding U of M report (February 2, 2022)
- Sign up for updates at https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/healthywatersinitiative/welcome.
- The process consisted of extensive data analysis, a draft report, peer review, and publishing. For an overview of the research during planning, view the presentation to the LMCD Board on 08/26/2020.
Visit the LMCD Safety & Boat Generated Wakes webpage for more information about wakes and tips to promote safety and prevent damage to the environment.