The Lake Minnetonka Conservation District is looking to hire an Intern in Summer 2023!
The Lake Minnetonka Conservation District (LMCD) brings together fourteen different cities, two counties, and many state and local agencies to protect, preserve and enhance Lake Minnetonka’s environment, economy, and vitality. We are a uniform, coordinating body that cares for and regulates one of Minnesota’s most important resources. Lake Minnetonka is a unique asset requiring unique governance. By working collaboratively across all jurisdictions, we ensure that we represent the many stakeholders who care about our enjoyment of the lake today while preserving it for many generations to come. Learn more about LMCD at www.lmcd.org.
This position will perform a variety of administrative and technical tasks that support staff in their day-to-day responsibilities. Possible duties of the position could include:
- Assist with organizing Board and Committee meetings.
- Provide support on many variance and dock application requests.
- Perform onsite field observations/inspections related to docks, boat slips, inquiries, complaints, etc.
- Assist with preparing, installing, and maintaining buoys, solar lights, and public access signage.
- Assist with scanning and digitizing LMCD documents.
- Assist with environmental safety programs.
- And other organizational needs as they arise.
Minimum Requirements include: having an interest in public administration, environmental policy, and water resource protection. Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental science, natural resources, water resource science, or business administration.
This is a paid position hourly position. Rate is to be determined, depending upon educational background and any experience in a related field. To apply, please fill out the Application for Employment Form and submit to the LMCD Office by mail at 5341 Maywood Road, Suite 200, Mound, MN 55364 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by 4:30 pm on May 12, 2023.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.