Whether you are a potential buyer or have lived on Lake Minnetonka for many years, the following resources have been compiled to answer common questions received about owning lakeshore. We appreciate your assistance in preserving this great resource and protecting all those who enjoy it. Please contact the LMCD if you have questions.
- Lake-Friendly Living – Learn about ways to provide a environment and landscape to protect and enjoy the Lake.
- Lake-Friendly Boating – Learn about ways to prevent AIS and boat safety
- Residential Docks, Structures, & Watercraft Requirements
- Calendar of Events
- Lake Improvement Districts (LID) – Minnesota Statutes 103B.501 – 103B.581 allows local property owners to petition counties to create lake improvement districts in order to address specific concerns within a lake watershed that may not be addressed under normal governmental actions. Property owners and local governments willing to undertake such initiatives could benefit from greater local involvement in the management of their lakes. More information is available at the link to the MN DNR webpage. Current LIDs include St. Albans Bay and Carmen Bay.
- Purchasing a Lakeshore Property – This Page is Under Construction
- Permit Applications – This Page is Under Construction
- Variances – This Page is Under Construction